Even as time closes in for the31st. Feista del Caribe , in which Republic Trinidad & Tobago is the country of focus there is still no public and official word as to our country’s representation at the Festival. Several interest groups have indicated their desire to be involved in showcasing the diversity of Trinbagonian culture , but thus far the Ministry and it’s representatives have responded as though those persons interested are beggars .In many instances the social organizations that have approached the Ministry of the Arts and Multiculturalism in writing ,have not even been afforded the courtesy of an acknowledgement response in writing or electronically.
All of the Caribbean and Africa has historical links with Cuba as here was a major ” slave ” market , where captured Africans were off loaded and re – distributed to other centres in the Caribbean .The Festival hosted in Cuba recognises this historical connection and attempts to utilise this forum for focus on current Caribbean challenges and solutions to those challenges. In a world environment where ther is emphasis on regional collaboration and harmony in the world , it is strange when Caribbean neighbours seem to recognise Cuba only in the needs of the Caribbean territory’s lack , and their is very little reciprocity in supporting the people and government of Cuba in accomplishing it’s goals and ambitions.
Let us not have to compose a new calypso called ‘”CUBA I’M SORRY “
- WORDS OF OLOYE ORAWALE ORANFE TO THE NATION OF REPUBLIC TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2017
- 2015 in review
- IJUBA AT EGBE ONISIN ELEDUMARE THIS SUNDAY
- CARNIVAL 2015 TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
- CARIBBEAN NATIONALS LAUNCH INTERNATIONAL DECADE OF PEOPLE OF AFRICAN DESCENT 2015 -2024 IN REPUBLIC TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
- RITUALS OF REMEMBRANCE FOR OUR ANCESTORS AT EGBE ONISIN ELEDUMARE 2014
- WORLD IFA FESTIVAL COMMENCEMENT DRAWS NEARER
- TRINIDAD & TOBAGO JAZZ WEEK 2014
- IJUBA FOR MARCH 2014
- IJUBA AT E.O.E.