The current suspension and negation of the guaranteed constitutional rights of the citizens of Republic Trinidad & Tobago is a cause for both National and International concern.
As a democratic country guided by a Constitution that allows for the functioning and existence of a multi party State and which is a signatory to many United Nations Declarations that promote Human Rights and Constitutional freedom , it is expected that the living practices of any government in power would reflect the respect for these protocols and enshrinements .
The current attitude of some Ministers of government as though , they are the JUDICIARY , is indeed abhorrable. Ministers speak of ” hunt down ” snuff out ” and words that indicate that suspects will be annhilitated , ” gunned down ” before coming before the JUDICIARY.
Police , Army and Prison Officers are not the JUDICIARY.ALL CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY ARE EQUAL BEFORE THE LAW AND ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.ANY VIOLATION OF THESE FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS ARE INTOLERABLE.
If as some of the Ministers claim all they desire is rehabilitation and reform of the misguided then , the State should create a climate of trust , of peace and of equal financial and employment opportunities for the dispossessed and poverty stricken of our land . This country has been blessed with mineral wealth and other resources that BELONG TO THE PEOPLE .THE PEOPLE MUST SHARE IN AND BENEFIT FROM THESE NATURAL RESOURCES.
While currently no citizen have taken the State to Court on the infringement of our RIGHTS., and what the Police Service Commission has adviced citizen’s may be AN ILLEGAL DECLARATION OF A STATE OF EMERGENCY, our EMPLOYEE – the STATE and all it’s agencies and AGENTS , MUST TRUTHFULLY AND ACCURATELY ACCOUNT TO THE PEOPLE during this questionable exercise .
May JUSTICE PREVAIL .
ALL POWER BELONGS TO THE PEOPLE !
- 10 DAYS TO ASE ODUN OLOKUN 2017
- EMANCIPATION DAY MESSAGE 2017 – Oloye Orawale Oranfe Ife
- WORDS OF OLOYE ORAWALE ORANFE TO THE NATION OF REPUBLIC TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2017
- 2015 in review
- IJUBA AT EGBE ONISIN ELEDUMARE THIS SUNDAY
- CARNIVAL 2015 TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
- CARIBBEAN NATIONALS LAUNCH INTERNATIONAL DECADE OF PEOPLE OF AFRICAN DESCENT 2015 -2024 IN REPUBLIC TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
- RITUALS OF REMEMBRANCE FOR OUR ANCESTORS AT EGBE ONISIN ELEDUMARE 2014
- WORLD IFA FESTIVAL COMMENCEMENT DRAWS NEARER
- TRINIDAD & TOBAGO JAZZ WEEK 2014