Republic Trinidad & Tobago have contributed significantly to world culture, peace , harmony and multiculturalism via Trinidad & Tobago styled Carnival.
Enslaved Africans utilised the social and political environments in which they found themselves and utilised the prevailing social norms to give expression to their concerns about social justice and political change and transformation of their societies from unjust to just.
After the Emancipation Proclamation, they even took these liberties even further.
As Africans became involved in the Carnival of the plantation society, they added elements of their traditional masquerade norms and paradigms and created new paradigms of social and spiritual expression utilising the available space .
As we prepare to celebrate Carnival2K12. ,may we take a moment to reflect on our contributions to world Carnival events.
- WORDS OF OLOYE ORAWALE ORANFE TO THE NATION OF REPUBLIC TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2017
- 2015 in review
- IJUBA AT EGBE ONISIN ELEDUMARE THIS SUNDAY
- CARNIVAL 2015 TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
- CARIBBEAN NATIONALS LAUNCH INTERNATIONAL DECADE OF PEOPLE OF AFRICAN DESCENT 2015 -2024 IN REPUBLIC TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
- RITUALS OF REMEMBRANCE FOR OUR ANCESTORS AT EGBE ONISIN ELEDUMARE 2014
- WORLD IFA FESTIVAL COMMENCEMENT DRAWS NEARER
- TRINIDAD & TOBAGO JAZZ WEEK 2014
- IJUBA FOR MARCH 2014
- IJUBA AT E.O.E.