Once again the African community in the Republic Trinidad & Tobago come together to reflect upon our historical past, that includes the glory of building of the Great Pyramids, giving the world mathematics and science, the steel pan and steel orchestra, but also the indignities of the Trans ATLANTIC SLAVE TRADE, GENOCIDE and issues of REPARTRIATION AND REPARATIONS.
Every year at this time EGBE ONISIN ELEDUMARE becomes involved in the Diego Martin Emancipation Day activities currently manifesting as a Street Procession led by Block 4 Drummers, Musical recognition by Castro and an Ancestral rememberance ritual conducted at the Diego Martin Water Wheel Heritage Site, River Estate, Diego Martin.
As we engage this memorial and celebratory period and as we continue to strategise and implement these strategies to move us to total and unconditional liberation of ourselves as a distinct people on this planet we
call on all Africans to refrain from the consumption of shark and shark products for the period 26th. July, 2014 – 1st. August, 2014, as a mark of respect to those of our Ancestors who either committed revolutionary suicide by throwing themselves overboard and were eaten by sharks ,or those who were thrown overboard either alive or dead and were eaten by sharks.
We honour you who suffered this indignity and we pray for your continued elevation as you guide us to our victory.
EGBE ONISIN ELEDUMARE will also host it’s customary midnight ritual of rememberance on 31st July, 2014 at it’s International Headquarters, 12 First Street, Sparrow Drive, Simeon Road, Petit Valley, Republic Trinidad & Tobago beginning at 11.00 p.m.
ALL MEMBERS OF OUR NATIONAL COMMUNITY ARE INVITED TO JOIN WITH US ON THIS OCCASION.
We invite all members of our African community to offer farine and water as part of this ritual.
- EMANCIPATION MESSAGE 2018 by Oloye Ogundare Ife Olakela Massetungi
- 10 DAYS TO ASE ODUN OLOKUN 2017
- EMANCIPATION DAY MESSAGE 2017 – Oloye Orawale Oranfe Ife
- WORDS OF OLOYE ORAWALE ORANFE TO THE NATION OF REPUBLIC TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2017
- 2015 in review
- IJUBA AT EGBE ONISIN ELEDUMARE THIS SUNDAY
- CARNIVAL 2015 TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
- CARIBBEAN NATIONALS LAUNCH INTERNATIONAL DECADE OF PEOPLE OF AFRICAN DESCENT 2015 -2024 IN REPUBLIC TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
- RITUALS OF REMEMBRANCE FOR OUR ANCESTORS AT EGBE ONISIN ELEDUMARE 2014
- WORLD IFA FESTIVAL COMMENCEMENT DRAWS NEARER