As we continue this journey of self reflection and contemplation for African History Month, we wish to once again draw to your attention another contributor to our National history, culture, and development. We are speaking about George Yeates, original member of Desparadoes Steel Orchestra of Laventille, Republic Trinidad & Tobago. George was one of the proactive supporters of LANCELOT KEBU LAYNE in his efforts to spread the activities related to EMANCIPATION DAY here in the Republic Trinidad & Tobago. George gave of his time, financial resources, commitment, and dedication in promotion efforts at making EMANCIPATION DAY activities in the Republic Trinidad & Tobago successful. To the author of this article George was a kind man.George was one of the few persons, along with PAT GABRE KRISTOS SHEPPERD who rallied around building activities at Emancipation Heritage Site No. 1 at Arouca. The site is commonly referred to as being in Lopinot. It is the site that H.R.H . Kabiyesi Sijuade Okunade Olubuse keji Ooni of Ife visited and consecrated for the development of African spirituality. It is the same site that Orisa organizations in Republic of Trinidad & Tobago held their first ever Family Day. George has left the earthly abode and rejoined the Ancestors in their glorious abode. REMEMBER HIM. Oloye Orawale Oranfe.
- WORDS OF OLOYE ORAWALE ORANFE TO THE NATION OF REPUBLIC TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 2017
- 2015 in review
- IJUBA AT EGBE ONISIN ELEDUMARE THIS SUNDAY
- CARNIVAL 2015 TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
- CARIBBEAN NATIONALS LAUNCH INTERNATIONAL DECADE OF PEOPLE OF AFRICAN DESCENT 2015 -2024 IN REPUBLIC TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
- RITUALS OF REMEMBRANCE FOR OUR ANCESTORS AT EGBE ONISIN ELEDUMARE 2014
- WORLD IFA FESTIVAL COMMENCEMENT DRAWS NEARER
- TRINIDAD & TOBAGO JAZZ WEEK 2014
- IJUBA FOR MARCH 2014
- IJUBA AT E.O.E.